Monday, November 06, 2006

Voting: Our Right, Our Responsibility

I lived overseas for many years. In many ways, that experience made me more "American" - certainly more appreciative of the Great Experiment in Democracy. Since I returned to the States, each year, in state where I have resided, I have volunteered to work as a pollworker. Tomorrow, I have to get up at 4 a.m. to be at the polls by 5 to set up for the polls to open at 6.

This is what I do to serve my country. To ensure that U.S. citizens vote in as fair and honest a poll as I can help make it. Voting is our most important right, and our greatest responsibility. But voting only works when citizens exercise that right, vote, and have pollworkers determined to ensure the voting process is as fair and honest as possible.

What are you doing to ensure our voting process is as fair and honest as possible? What are you doing to ensure citizens - and only citizens - vote? What are your doing to keep America the Great Experiment in Democracy, the most democratic country the world has experienced to date? What are you doing to enlighten voters to make wise choices?

Be sure to vote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home